Stretch marks have been our problem for quite a while , and so many reasons causes it that we can’t avoid such as pregnancy , instant fat loss and so many other things that causes these babies to pop on our body.
A stretch mark is a type of scar that develops when our skin stretches or shrinks quickly. The abrupt change causes the collagen and elastin, which support our skin, to rupture. As the skin heals, stretch marks may appear.
Here are few remedies you can start today , to say BYE to your stretch marks for good:
1. Coconut Oil
Rub pure coconut oil to your stretch marks few times a week , coconut oil increases blood flow to your skin, and produces collagen fibers, which is important for treating stretch marks.
2 . Natural White Sugar
Yes , you heard me – head to the kitchen right now and get that pure white sugar out!
Due to its excellent natural exfoliating properties, sugar can help you fade away stretch marks effectively.
- Mix two tablespoons of natural white sugar with some almond oil or any body oil you have with you.
- Apply it on areas of stretch marks for a few minutes.
- Let your skin absorb for 5 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water or take a warm shower.
Continue this for at least a month to see your stretch marks fade away.
3. Olive Oil
Most of us have an olive oil at home , so it is surprisingly also a strong remedy against stretch marks. Olive oil is rich in healthy fats and vitamin E, which play play a major role in speeding up the healing process within your skin cells.
- Pour 3-4 ounces of olive oil in a pan.
- Lightly warm up in low heat.
- Transfer the olive oil to a small bowl.
- Apply on your stretch marks and massage in a circular motion for 5 minutes.
- Do this daily until you see results.
4. Hydrating Moisturiser
To make these oh not so pretty scars from your body , start with doing the simplest things such as keep that dry area extremely hydrated at all times. Apply Gel Based moisturizer or creamy on your stretch marks area .
5. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera keeps your skin moist, which is important for treating your skin fast and effectively – and that is why this is one of my fav ingredients to use for any kind of situation such as a stretch mark or a burn.
- Apply Aloe Vera Gel on your stretch mark and massage gently for 2-5 minutes.
- The best way is to let it air dry , but if it feels too thick wash it with lukewarm water.
DO AVOID tanning , because it will make your stretch marks even more visible due to stretch marks area do not get tanned.
At the end , if you want faster results and not in the mood for home remedies – you can always revert to special sessions that focuses on removal of stretch marks such as laser therapy and also a derma roller ( which you can also use at home as it produces collagen and thats what you need) , also focus on your lifestyle and fitness – stretch marks can disappear from a good diet and exercising .